Primary responsibility is to serve as an extension of the Creative Arts Pastor and partner with all Worship Leaders in venues across the organization. Ability to lead in a way that matches the culture and DNA of Cornerstone is absolutely paramount. A high
Musical IQ is also required. Studio experience is HIGHLY desired. Songwriting is championed within our environment as well.
- Serve as an extension of the Creative Arts Pastor who also serves as one of the Worship Leaders.
- Champion the Development and Pastoral Care of all Musicians and Vocalists within Cornerstone Creative.
- Collaborate on song selection and building worship sets with all Cornerstone Worship Leaders.
- Writing charts.
- Editing/transposing MP3's
- Editing/creating tracks and running Ableton
- Recruits, develops and trains musicians
- Own Service Flow planning across the organization.
- Develop Systems and Processes that allow the Music Department to scale as additional campuses are added.
- Prep Materials for Weekend Experience staff and volunteers. Charts, Multitrack Files, PCO rights, etc.
- Manage Planning Center keeping services up to date and well organized. Charts updated, titles correct, arrangements up to date, etc.
- Partner with Production Director to build the Ableton Set. (we use it to trigger AVL content as well)
- You are a total Jesus Freak.
- You say no to drugs.
- You are in a committed relationship so we don't have to deal with the drama of the hunt.
- You know the difference between a pair of Levi's 510's vs 511's or 514's.
- You are probably a 4 or a 3 on the Enneagram.
- You are probably either an ENFJ or ENTJ. Or a really highly functioning P.
- You have your BA degree in either Music Ministry or Music Education.
- You have been in ministry for a few years already.
- You are not scared off by systems and processes.
- You are team oriented.
- You are described as a leader. Not just an artist.
- You are not hated or despised by your current boss.
- You know what Asana is.
- You know what #Slack is.
- You know what the Nashville Number System is.
- You are described as sticky. People are drawn to you. People trust you.
- You have the ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- You have character that can keep you where your talent get's you.
- You have a proven track record in facilitating Team Nights & Master Classes.
- You have a passion for developing the next generation of musicians and vocalists.
- Ability to play multiple instruments.
- Ability to give in-the-moment direction to musicians.
- Ability to train and develop other musicians & vocalists.
- Ability to train and develop Music Directors or Worship Leaders.
- Studio experience a plus. Scoring for video work is also considered a plus.
Reports to: Creative Arts Pastor
Partners with: Worship Leaders & Production Staff.
Direct Reports: Music Directors, Contract Musicians, all volunteers within the Music Department.
- You get to make really cool music.
- You get to work with really cool people.
- You get to be on a really cool team.
You get to be an hour away from San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles & Skiing in the mountains.
Who you should stalk online:
- Charlie Lane (@charlie_lane on insta) Charlie is our Creative Arts Pastor and is one of the Worship Leaders at the Wildomar Campus.
- Allie Mendez (@_alliemendez on insta) Allie leads worship at the Menifee Campus and also gives direction to the Family Life Worship Department.
Check us out at go2cornerstone.com
Check us out on @go2cornerstone // Instagram
Check us out on itunes:
**** send video links, resume and a KILLER headshot to email@example.com
**** "Music Pastor" in Subject Line of email.