JOB SUMMARY: The Vice President of Operations/CFO provides financial and strategic operational leadership and counsel to the President/CEO and senior staff, supervising direct reports in development and execution of operational strategy
consistent with organizational values and ideals. This position is responsible for Finance, HR, IT, and Administrative activities of the organization in the US and in the continental hubs.
GOALS: Provide effective management to direct reports resulting in:
- Healthy, effective teams.
- Appropriate financial practices.
- Effective and adequate revenue streams to support the annual budget.
- Consistent financial and operations reporting to the Global Board.
- Effective communication and management systems organization-wide.
- Increased execution & accountability throughout the organization.
- IT systems that adequately support the work of our Global team.
- Nat’l Foundations and Regional Offices with clear financial goals and reporting.
DUTIES: (Activities necessary to accomplish the above. What responsibility and authority are required?)
- Serve on the Exec Team representing areas of organizational responsibility.
- Strengthen our patterns of communications and reporting to the Global Board & Foundations.
- Meet regularly with the Pres/CEO to assess/build our communication and management systems.
- Assist in representing Nat’l Foundations on Exec Team, plus to the Board and our constituency.
- Gather proposed National Foundation budgets for the next fiscal year by mid-April (for X-222).
- Supervise the Finance Manager, ensuring effective processes for budgeting, finance, and accounting decisions, and the timely & accurate execution in these areas.
- Keep the Executive Team informed on the overall picture of income/expense flow and financial management in Global and with Nat’l Foundations.
- Work with Regional and Continental Hubs to develop regular patterns of accountability/audits.
- Oversee the development of the Human Resource Team/Council into a globally dispersed team.
- Develop the IT Team as a global team with members in Continental offices, keeping abreast of opportunities for more effective and efficient use of technology.
- Share Global Disciples’ mission with existing and potential donors through personal meetings to the level necessary to meet the Advancement Partner standard for this role.
- Generally attend Global Disciples Board meetings along with other Executive Team members.
- Reports directly to the President/CEO.
- Work cooperatively with the Executive Team in reporting to the Board.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- FTE: 1
- Salary: a. Level according to Global Disciples Salary Guidelines
b. Nurture relationships with Advancement Partners to raise a designated amount.
c. For all other conditions of employment, see Staff Policy Manual
KEY CHARATERISTICS AND SKILLS:
- A seasoned leader and who is a passionate and devoted disciple of Jesus Christ.
- A high level of competency in areas of responsibility, as well as a moderate to high level of competency of all general non-profit/business functions and activities.
- Demonstrates a meaningful effort at continuously acquiring knowledge & wisdom in subject matter in areas of responsibility and in non-profit mission and business generally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven management skills.
- Availability to travel in the US and internationally.
- Experience in the use of accounting software, QuickBooks, and Excel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and with interest and awareness of computer technologies
- Demonstrates the ability to engage in collaborative leadership by comprehending organizational needs and goals, then bringing information and ideas to effectively address the needs/goals.
- Strong identification with and commitment to the vision and mission of Global Disciples.
- Bachelor’s degree or more.
- International experience preferred.