Director Prince of Peace Home for Girls Guatemala City, Guatemala
Executive Director Prince of Peace Ministries Guatemala Qualification Description
Reports to: The Board of Directors for the General Assembly (GA) which is a mix of Guatemalan and US members
Supervises: Prince of Peace Staff and Girls under the care of the Home
The Executive Director will lead and manage the day-to-day activities of the Prince of Peace home for girls in Guatemala (princeofpeacegt.com). He/She is responsible for maintaining the vision and mission of Prince of Peace through the coordination of strategic
partnerships with Guatemalan government agencies, United States and Guatemalan church, business, and individual partners, Board of Directors, General Assembly, US 501c3 and staff.
The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that good relations are maintained with appropriate government entities through the execution of any required agreements. Per the governmental regulations, the director shall be a couple or a person who
is competent to ensure compliance with legislation relating to the protection of children and adolescents and represents the foster home to the National Adoptions Council and its partners and direct the residential care program with maximum effectiveness and
efficiency. Additional regulatory duties include overseeing the renewal of Prince of Peace’s certificate and accompanying financial audits, certification of the business license(s), documentation necessary for staff work visas and immigration requirements,
as well as any banking functions, including staff salary payments and tax payments.
The Executive Director will need to successfully foster good relationships and development among the staff and have the ability to navigate through cultural differences while promoting healthy team relationships within the workplace. The Executive Director
should be well acquainted with all of the local activities and be able to speak on behalf of the organization as needed at various functions, conferences, NGO gatherings, and government meetings as well as foster relationships with churches and other sponsors
in the United States through personal visits and other communication.The Executive Director would also be expected to provide regular follow-up with the General Assembly (Guatemala Board) and 501c3 (US Board) by email and/or phone/Skype as necessary, to ensure
adequate coordination of project effectiveness, communicate needs and support fundraising and donor communication activities.
This position can expect to receive on-campus housing and modest compensation commiserate with experience, at least for the first year. It is also expected that a percentage of the salary would come from the candidate raising funds through family, friends,
and church. The candidate can expect to have all donations toward their support given through the US 501c3 for US tax benefits or an established Guatemalan bank for Guatemalan tax benefits. Annual breaks for rest would be provided for the Executive Director
and his/her family.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS
The effective Executive Director will achieve the following goals during the first 12 months of work:
• Efficient organizational leadership by setting the overall tone of the organization in Guatemala.
• Ensure that the energy and efforts of the staff are working toward the overall mission and vision of Prince of Peace as establish by the GA and Board of Directors.
• Provide healthy spiritual leadership by setting and maintaining the spiritual tones of the ministry in Guatemala. Also, teach and promote the principles of integrity, truth, grace and forgiveness.
• Develop and maintain budgets for the ministry and coordinate expenses and necessary documentation with the 501c3 staff in the US.
• Plan and execute regular staff meetings with Prince of Peace Staff.
• Create and strengthen ties with support churches and sponsors in the United States and Guatemala.
• Coordinate and manage visiting missions teams with staff assistance as needed.
• Understand and cultivate the relationship between Prince of Peace and the Guatemalan government agencies.
• Cultivate and expand relationships with Fresca Presencia, Fraternidad, other local churches, businesses and individuals with the goal to have the home become self-supporting from Guatemalan resources.
• Ensure educational, leadership and career skills are being developed by the girls at Prince of Peace as established by the Board of Directors, staff and Educational Director.
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Executive Director:
A Bachelor degree is expected, preferably in a related field. A Master’s Degree or higher in a related field would be a preferred.
The ideal candidate for the Executive Director position will be a strong leader with proven abilities to guide and direct the activities of various staff members who represent a wide range of abilities, ages, and nationalities. The candidate should be skilled
at working in cross-cultural settings with staff, volunteers, and visiting donors from various cultures and countries. They should be highly sensitive to the host country and understand the nature of a foreign NGO working in partnership with their host country.
An ideal candidate would be expected to commit to a minimum in-country engagement of three years.
• Missions and travel experience is required.
• Comfortable in Guatemalan culture (if not from Guatemala) and US culture (if not from US)
• Proven ability to be diplomatically mature
• Culturally sensitive
• Strong communication skills, both writing and verbal
• Experience in leadership across a complex organization
• Process and people oriented with ability to lead and motive staff
• Forward thinker who is able to move projects forward efficiently while honoring local relationships
• English and Spanish speaking
• Strong personal and disciplined relationship with Christ
• Healthy marriage and family (if applicable)
• Intuitive, discerning spirit
• Humble and teachable heart
• Love for ministry and reaching people with the hope of Jesus
• Optimistically energetic and inspiring
• Be a highly relational individual who desires to create and foster relationships with girls at Prince of Peace and staff.
• Agility in all situations
• Be a dynamic leader who excels at bringing along others into service at Prince of Peace
• Have a confidence in purpose and call
• Able to adequately engage with a physically and emotionally demanding job
• Ability to understand and implement the vision of Prince of Peace and bring along others to serve and fulfill that vision.
Contact: Greg Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org)