Children’s Pastor Job Description
Glendale Nazarene Church
5902 W. Cactus Rd.
Glendale, AZ 85304
About the Position:
Glendale Nazarene Church is seeking a high-level, high-capacity, hungry-to-learn leader who can work both independently and collaboratively as the Children’s Ministry Pastor. This position will oversee all aspects of ministry from birth to 6th grade.
About the Location:
Glendale, Arizona is a part of the “Valley of the Sun”, that is, the Phoenix Metro Area. Glendale Nazarene Church is nestled in the valley and is in a moderately affluent area with plenty of residential homes and commercial businesses right in our neighborhood.
Within one square mile of our church campus are four large elementary schools.
Being only 30 minutes from Sky Harbor international airport, and with its proximity to Phoenix, Glendale offers all the benefits of suburban living with the amenities and opportunities of city life. Glendale also enjoys over 300 days of sunshine while being
only a short drive to ocean beaches (4 hours), snow covered mountains (2 hours), and desert resorts (all around!).
Glendale is a great community for families, an abundance of parks, sports programs, and a small town feel. There is easy access to everything the Valley has to offer: mountains, hiking trails, great weather, sport venues, shopping and more!
What We Are Searching For/Qualifications:
A successful candidate for this position will be highly relational, with skills in strategic ministry development. They will possess a pioneering spirit with a strong desire to nurture, expand, and maximize the potential of family life at Glendale Nazarene
In addition to the aforementioned qualities, we are also seeking for the following traits:
- Strong leadership aptitude, with capability to lead above and beyond themselves.
- Preferably have 2-3 years’ experience in a church of 500 or more, with proven leadership capacity in organizing, leading, and planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to initiate and implement plan of action.
- Industrious in use of time and resources.
- Evidence of experience, skills, and giftedness, which can provide the basis for successfully achieving the purpose of the position.
A successful candidate for this role will have experience in…
- Successful children’s ministry volunteer training which includes people being recruited, trained, resourced & empowered.
- Helping children’s ministry volunteers do their jobs with excellence.
- Making sure kids and families are cared for and loved.
- Leading a large group time that is exciting, engaging and above all, helps kids learn Biblical truths.
- Creating small group times that are engaging, interactive and helps kids learn how to apply Biblical truths to their daily lives.
- Providing families with tools that help them lead their children spiritually.
- Organizing the many facets of children’s ministry well in advance.
- Producing environments that allow children come to know Jesus personally.
- Innovative — we are looking for a creative individual who isn’t afraid to try new approaches to reach and disciples kids for Christ.
- Team Player
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2-3 years experience leading or assistant leading in a large church setting. (100 kids or more)
To Apply: Please submit resume to Rev. Keith Schubert at firstname.lastname@example.org