One Mission Society is an international missions organization dedicated to making disciples of Jesus Christ around the world. With ministry in more than 70 countries, One Mission Society seeks to empower local Christians to follow Christ and make disciples.
We’re passionate about seeing the Great Commission fulfilled, and we’re looking for teammates who excel in their fields and want to use their gifts and abilities for Kingdom impact. As a missions investment advisor, you’ll play a critical role in helping OMS
ministries and missionaries transform lives around the world.
Create and implement OMS development activities within assigned geographic area (Midwest) to generate funding and maintain relationships for the ministries of One Mission Society and our national partners and programs. Work focus includes developing current
donors and expanding the OMS donor base with new donors.
- Identify and cultivate friends from your assigned existing donors, as well as utilizing your personal and professional spheres of influence to expand the OMS donor base in your region.
- Qualify and implement a moves management system of a donor portfolio of at least 200 names (individuals, strategic churches, businesses, etc.) with emphasis on developing major gifts, and utilizing OMS ministry networks to regularly expand your list.
- Represent the ministry regionally, including but not limited to speaking to various groups and individual leaders and business organizations.
- Prepare annual goals, including activities which help to achieve specific fund raising targets, in consultation with the VP of Development.
- 3-5+ years of confirmable successful fundraising experience with progressively increasing results.
- Verifiable success in asking major donors for leadership-level and major gifts.
- Intuitive, big-picture thinker. Internally motivated.
- A strong commitment to, and understanding of, the mission, goals and values of the ministry.
- A strong empathy for the goals, values and dreams of the donors.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including demonstrated success in proposal development and presentation.
- Strategic thinker, planner, organized with good time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Disciplined: meets deadlines, able to prioritize between projects, manages assignment within budgets.
- Able to be confidential.
- Desires to be held accountable: welcomes goals that help define success in the assignment.
- A self-starter with the highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
- An excitement for “selling” (certainly not a fear of it) – understands that the donor-ministry partnership is between equal partners. Shows resiliency – able to take NO and respond positively.
- Quickly able to understand OMS’ ministry concepts and articulate them persuasively.
- Personally generous as a donor.
- Ability to travel 40% of time.