TITLE: Director of Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR TITLE: VP Development (VPD)
STATUS: Full Time; 40 hrs. per week
DATE: September 5, 2017
The incumbent is responsible for working with the VP of Development to provide input to and support for the implementation of marketing strategies and plans to achieve defined revenue objectives. In addition, works with the VP of Development and appropriate
internal and external teams to develop general donor audience fundraising strategies and plans to grow the file and increase revenue while also maintaining and strengthening donor engagement. The incumbent facilitates the development of the messaging direction
to guide development of fundraising communications and other communications across channels.
1. Facilitates the development of annual general donor fundraising plan including overall revenue objectives, related donor file performance metrics, strategies, plans and required staff and financial resources to implement the plan.
2. Develops and / or administers relevant development-related budgets
3. Works closely with internal and external data and analytics teams to facilitate reporting on key marketing performance metrics compared to plan and prior year(s)
4. In collaboration with the VPD assists the Director for Church Relations in the creation of a marketing and fundraising strategy, designing all necessary media, printing and digital production to assure the growth in revenue as well as awareness of CAM
in the church market.
5. Responsible for supervising Marketing and Communications teams
Specific Development Responsibilities include:
-Commitment and passion for fulfilling the Great Commission through indigenous ministries
-Understands the CAM brand and how to leverage it in communications with donors, prospects and other constituents
-Brings insight and understanding of CAM’s donors and constituents to the development of donor development strategies and plans
-Understands strengths, weaknesses, problems and opportunities affecting development performance and requirements for growing the file and revenue.
-Works closely with internal and external analytics resources to provide necessary performance reports and constituent insights.
-Builds and maintains relationships across departments that are critical to the development and implementation of a successful development program
-Works closely with cross-functional teams to insure that there is adequate resources and time allocated for the development and implementation of all programs
-Develops and encourages effective communications across internal and external teams
-Facilitates or supervises the written development of creative direction
-Provides timely and effective feedback to creative teams throughout the creative development process
-Ensures that mid and major donor reps are equipped with support and collateral materials required including testimonies, proposals, reports, photos and other resources.
-Works closely with field program staff to secure photo, video, story and other resources needed to support the development and communications program.
-Primary contact for strategy, statements of work and billing for outside agencies
-Maintains close relationship and seeks feedback from donor services team to understand donor perspective and CAM service levels
1. Oversees the development of an integrated media and communications calendar that considers all donor, prospect and constituent audiences.
2. Works in partnership with the creative team, oversees the development and implementation of messaging strategies and required creative. Provides leadership/motivation and conveys the vision and values of the ministry to staff.
3. Works with internal creative leadership to insure that Christian Aid Mission brand is effectively represented.
Additional responsibilities as assigned