Position Description: The Worship Pastor position exists to give leadership oversight to all aspects of the worship ministry at Victory Church. They are responsible to develop and implement the vision and philosophy of worship at all levels
of the church, and will accomplish this by leading and co-leading worship in the main services; recruiting, training and developing volunteer worship team members and leaders; and overseeing the full-time and part-time worship department staff. They ensure
that all worship ministries are healthy and operate in a way that is consistent with the mission and guiding principles of the church, accurately reflecting the heart and ministry philosophy of the church and its leadership.
As a visible and influential leader in the church, the Worship Pastor is expected to maintain a high level of professionalism, spiritual maturity, sound judgement and strong leadership. They must exhibit a balanced mix of artistic creativity and systematic
organizational sensibilities. Because of the close working relationship with the Senior and Executive Pastor, significant consideration must be given to personality and cultural fit.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a ministry, music or production related field
- Minimum of 2 years of formal Biblical/theological education or training (if degree is not in a ministry field)
Minimum of 3 years experience as a worship leader (prefer 5 years or more)
Spiritual maturity to lead a congregation to consistently engage in worship
Leadership/management experience and ability to lead a small staff team
Pastoral heart and experience to lead a team of volunteers relationally and spiritually
Musical competency to lead congregational worship in a large, modern worship style church, including:
-above average vocal skill, able to sing on pitch consistently
-above average instrumental skill on guitar and/or piano
-ability to direct a band and group vocals
- Must agree with and represent Victory Church’s Statement of Faith
- Give leadership and oversight to all aspects of the worship ministry, including creative planning, service preparation, scheduling, administrative tasks, etc.
- Develop and implement the vision and philosophy of worship throughout all areas of the church.
- Recruit, train, develop and disciple worship team members and leaders for future growth of the ministry.
Serve as worship leader and co-leader at main services. Currently, this will include being the primary worship leader for 3 Sunday services and a Wednesday evening service. This is subject to change to accommodate the needs of the church.
- Provide direct oversight to ministry staff (paid and volunteer) in the following areas within the worship department, including:
Spanish service worship
Student Ministry worship
Children’s Ministry worship
- Audio/Video/Lighting systems
Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services, small groups and church events.
Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
Maintain a disciplined life of worship, Bible reading, prayer, fasting, tithing and giving.
Note: the Worship Pastor is an exempt position and responsibilities will be performed in approximately 50 hours per week and will include a mix of normal business hours, church services, department meetings and staff meetings.
For more information, please contact Juli Hobby: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.426.8888.