Cherry Hills is seeking experienced candidates for an open Junior High Ministry Leader position. We are looking for someone who has a passion for junior high students and their families, and who possesses experience teaching and working with them. Moreover,
this person should be able to demonstrate a positive connection with junior high students, and is willing to make a 3-5 year commitment to working with them. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years’ experience as the leader over a junior high ministry,
excellent communication skills in relating to both adults and children, and experience in skillfully leading both volunteer- and staff-led teams. The ideal candidate will also have experience in developing, managing and implementing a budget, and a degree
in a discipline appropriately related to children’s ministry. In addition, we are looking for a person who embraces a ministry approach which includes not only students but also can come along side parents as they disciple their children throughout the week.
Cherry Hills is a healthy evangelical, non-denominational church with a Sunday attendance around 1,400 persons. We enjoy excellent staff relations and we seek to add staff members who value being an integral part of a vibrant, collaborative work environment.
We hope to fill this vacancy as a Ministry Leader position but will consider applications from pastors with appropriate qualifications.
The written position description is as follows:
This ministry position is responsible for the oversight and direction of Junior High ministries at Cherry Hills. The individual in this position reports to the Senior Leadership Team and fulfills the mission of Cherry Hills throughout the Junior High student
This individual will be responsible for planning and coordinating all activities and ministries relating to Junior High students in keeping with the mission and vision of Cherry Hills with a goal of providing a robust and viable youth program that attracts
youth to the church and Jesus Christ. The scope includes formal classes, socials, community service activities, music, special events and counseling with the student population. This will include identifying volunteer leaders, developing parent support and
growing leaders within the student population and volunteers. This position also gives input on oversight of the Café at the Rock in coordination with the Senior High Ministry Leader.
All staff is expected to display a Christ-like character when interacting with each other, church members, staff, and guests as well as understand and fully support the Cherry Hills’ vision and culture.
Duties include but are not limited to any combination of the following:
- Coordinate all activities pertaining to Junior High Ministries to include youth group, small groups, Sunday School and retreats, special events, camps and mission trips
- Recruit and train staff and volunteers within the program, assist in identifying activities and teaching, worship activities, and develop a music program for Junior High students
- Maintain contact and communication with students
- Work with Senior High Ministry Leader to provide a transition from Junior High to Senior High ministry program
- Counsel students and parents as needed
- Coordinate and work with the Senior High Ministry Leader on oversight of the Girls’ Ministry Director, the Youth Administrative Assistant, Café Manager and Interns
- Train and develop staff through weekly and/or monthly meetings
- Maintain on-going communication with all Adult leadership individuals
- Responsible for teaching or providing teachers in the weekly Sunday School
- Responsible for overall teaching within the Junior High Youth Group
- Attend school activities of students when possible to build relationships
- Maintain and update Student Ministry website and app
- Work closely with Church Administrator on budget and other related administrative issues
- Attend Cherry Hills Staff Meetings
This individual will demonstrate a belief in and relationship with Jesus Christ and will affirm that they will provide for their own continued spiritual health through daily devotions, prayer and Scripture reading.
- Possess a divinity or Biblical studies degree focused on youth ministry or other ministry related field
- Preferably, a minimum of 2 to 4 years’ leadership experience in youth ministry or related field working with youth
- Ability to lead, teach and build teams
- Familiarity with technology appropriate for programs and communication with Youth
- Communication and counseling skills useful for teaching and counseling of students/parents
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Work Environment: This job operates primarily in a professional office environment though will require off-site and community locations as well. This role will require knowledge of computers, technical social media for communication with students/leaders,
and familiarity with other appropriate office equipment such as copiers. The position also requires flexibility in hours available for work, including some evenings, weekends and overnight trips inside or outside the State.
Physical Demands: Detailed physical and environmental requirements are attached and incorporated into this position description by reference.