BIG VALLEY GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH IS SEEKING A
32 Hours per Week // Full-time with benefits
Big Valley Grace is a Christ-centered church that worships every weekend in multigenerational gatherings, connects in authentic community, grows in obedience to God’s Word, serves others with our God-given talents, and reaches our local & global communities
with the love of Jesus.
BVGCC is seeking a dynamic Graphic Designer who is passionate about being part of a creative Communications Team committed to serving and supporting the various ministries of BVGCC. The successful candidate
will use their gifting and expertise in design to work collaboratively with the Communications Director, Communications Team, and other church staff to create digital and print communications materials that supports the internal and external promotion of BVGCC’s
upcoming events and ongoing ministries.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the
Graphic Designer’s responsibilities will include:
- Design and layout of the BVGCC weekly printed program for our Weekend Gatherings
- Create a wide range of digital assets, including sermon series artwork, pre-service slides, web headers, shareable social media content, and web-specific graphic content
- Create a wide range of physical assets, including printed inserts, ministry postcards, flyers, handouts, posters, street banners, and signage
- Develop and maintain the utilization of design content within existing tools of BVGCC, including the website, ministry wall, social media accounts, email, and mobile app
- Mac proficient and high level of expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Effective application of typography, stock art, color theory, vectors, & copy text in design
- A strong and diverse visual design portfolio (online or pdf)
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred or equivalent design experience
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent visual, written, and oral communications skills
- Team player and attitude with a desire to learn, be trained, and grow in the wider scope of the Communications team (processes, tools, project management, etc.)
- Strong work ethic; handle multiple projects simultaneously, deliver quality, meet deadlines
- Self-management skills; able to work well collaboratively & independently based on need
- Technical adeptness, fast learner, ability to adapt and perform effectively under pressure
- Membership at BVGCC
Screening for this position will begin immediately.
Applications are due by Sept 30. The position will remain open until filled. Applicants should e-mail a PDF resume to HR@bvg.org
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact Hrayr Santourian at (209) 577-1604 ext. 306.
Applicants may be subject to Live Scan background check, credit check, and reference check.