Grace Church of Granger, Indiana, is seeking to team up with the person God has specifically prepared to be our Children's Ministry Director (CMD). We believe this person will be a creative and cooperative leader and teacher for our Children's Ministry,
with a passion for kids, cradle through fifth grade, and the skill set to be a leader of gifted volunteers, empowering others to help him/her execute a strategy to turn vision into reality.
The Children's Ministry Director is not a new role, but a return to one that has existed at Grace for years. The perfect candidate will serve as a staff member within our community, working with a committed staff and gifted volunteers to minister to children,
from birth through fifth grade, and their families, in the love of Jesus Christ.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers for Children’s Ministry (CM) classes, events, worship services, and programs.
- Use appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Grace’s children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom groupings, etc.
- Serve as the key staff-person for CM gatherings, providing a warm, friendly, and engaging learning environment for children and their families
- Identify and fill any classroom volunteer gaps that may occur during CM gatherings
- Communicate with parents and volunteers on a regular basis
- Coordinate volunteer recruiting and retention
- Communicate the needs of CM to other staff and church leaders as appropriate
- Coordinate and lead a program serving young families of our church and community
Job Skills & Requirements
- A passion for children’s faith development and prior experience in children’s ministry
- General understanding of childhood learning and teaching methods
- Ability to work creatively and cooperatively, especially with CM Administrative Assistant
- Ability to communicate values and needs to large groups of potential volunteers
- Ability to motivate, train, and empower volunteers
- Value people by effectively communicating the love of Christ in all situations
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, expected to require a minimum of 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to faithfully fulfill the duties as described both in and out of the office. Due to the fluctuating demands of this position, there will
be flexibility around specific hours worked in order to be available for evening or weekend activities, as well as meet the needs of the various ministries and ministry leaders on a 24/7/365 basis. As such, while a daytime office schedule will be expected,
it is more important that the mission of this position be faithfully executed than to hold to a specific schedule.
Please submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com. For a full Job Description, please visit www.graceforgranger.org/jobs