POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
POSITION STATUS: Full-time Employee, Exempt
MEMBERSHIP STATUS: This position requires membership at Kalihi Union Church
POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and director of the KUC staff. This position provides leadership under the direction of the Senior Pastor over all functional areas of KUC, with an intentional
focus on accomplishment of the KUC visions and mission.
OBJECTIVES FOR THIS POSITION:
Executive Director brings unity and coordination to the key departments of Communications, Facilities, Finance, Human Resources, and Staffing.
• Supports the Senior Pastor through effective leadership, evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of the church staff.
• Communications includes Information Technology: web site, computers, software, software as a service, web integration, Wi-Fi on campus, etc.
• Possesses a solution-oriented focus, ability to provide yes or no responses with wisdom and discernment.
• Oversees, manages a facilities manager, establishing a five-ten-year plan for maintenance, renovations
• Finance includes oversight of budgets, cash flow, income, expenses, insurance: medical, dental, life, property & casualty, automotive, etc.
• Human Resources, all aspects of hiring, reviewing, mentoring and terminating staff. Establishment of HR Manual, Compensation Policy, Performance evaluation for all employees.
• Organizing staff and department meetings, agendas, scheduling insuring vibrant and effective communication among all levels of KUC Staff.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
• Assist and support KUC staff, volunteers, leadership of all Ministries
- Love Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him
- Passion to share God’s word, grow the KUC family in their Biblical knowledge as a way to serve God and advance His kingdom
- Takes initiative, creative and charismatic with deep organizational and strong leadership skills
- Possesses extensive theological education and teaching skills
- Experience working in cross-cultural communities preferred
- Ability to mentor, guide teams of volunteers, staff.
- Ability to make changes, corrections and solve problems quickly under pressure
- Self-starter and high degree of discipline and strategic focus.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF CHURCH:
- Grow in your spiritual walk with God
- Servant attitude towards God, leaders, members, visitors, the community we serve.
- A desire and ability to work as a team and cooperate with others to meet stated go
- Communicate openly/honestly with supervisor and staff about needs, problems, and ideas for improvement
- Solve and resolve problems in a resourceful, Christ-like manner
- Agree to abide by doctrinal tenets of the church as described in the bylaws
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
• Preach as assigned by the Senior Pastor
- Passionate about development of people.
- Responsible for the development of infrastructure for all ministry and support areas insuring long-term growth.
- Develops Annual budgets, by ministry, that insures sound biblical stewardship.
- Executes the strategic plan of KUC as directed but the Senior Pastor and Board of Elders.
- Assist and coordinate recruitment of Elders, volunteer leaders.
- Assists with planning/support of special events including communication—website, social media, print materials, etc.
- Organizes Board of Elders meetings, retreats, coordinates communication to leadership.
- Assists with organizing, leading in church staff, ministry meetings
- Participate in outreach to the community, locally and internationally.
- Report directs include the Office Manager, Accounting Specialist, Facility Manager, IT Director, HR functional staff.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
- 6+ years’ experience in church ministry, or business.
- Four-year college and/or Seminary degree in Theology.